Thursday, April 7, 2011

EMOTIONS

Yesterday we learned that my dad has aggressive cancer on his pancreas, spleen, kidneys and stomach. He is getting ready to go into surgery at this very moment and all I can think about is that I'm not ready for Heavenly Father to take him back home. I NEED MY DAD! I can't bear the thought of not having his opinion about repairs on our house or politics. I can't imagine taking my spiritual questions or concerns to anyone else. I am not saying he is going to die, the doctors think he has a "pretty good chance" but cancer is a scary word. On top of those emotions, Shephard's sister was also diagnosed with colon cancer this week. She is a single mother of 3 boys and is also raising Shephard's brother because his parents have both passed away. She lives so far away and doesn't have any family or friends for thousands of miles. I feel so helpless and can't stand the thought of her going through this alone. She has asked that we raise the boys if anything happens to her. OF COURSE I would do anything for family, but I feel so ill-equipped to handle my own kids, let alone teenagers who have had such trials and afflictions in their lives. I know Heavenly Father doesn't throw anything at us that we are unable to handle, but I'm struggling to have faith.

6 comments:

Tawnya said...

Oh, Jodi! What a miserable burden to be so worried and so helpless. I'm praying for you and your family. PLEASE call if you need anything - sitter, house cleaner, ANYTHING.

IronLawGirl said...

Jodi my heart is so heavy for you!! Your dad is an AMAZING man!! I'll keep your family in my prayers! xoxoxoxoxox

Braden and Cheri said...

Wow, Jodi. I am sorry you are dealing with this! We'll pray for your family, your dad, and you SIL. Keep us posted, please!

Anonymous said...

Jodi, know that our prayers are with you. We sure do love our Uncle Jerry. :) Love you guys so much!

Tara T said...

Oh, my! What an emotional time! So sorry about all your family! :( I'm sure you're stronger than you think. We'll pray for you and your family as well :)

Jasmyn said...

Oh Jodi-
Don't feel like you need to have all the answers....it is ok to be afraid and worried. But God does not give us what we cannot handle. Lean on Him through this, and He will show you His Glory. I can only imagine how scary all of this must be....lean on those around you who love you and your family and please, don't be afraid to reach out when you need help, or even just a hug.
Love you :)