Friday, July 11, 2008

Kinley's Birthday!






I'm so thankful that Kinley is young enough that she wasn't disappointed with her birthday. We decided ahead of time not to spend too much money, so I thought I would just let her chose what she wanted to do all day. We started off with a pancake breakfast, courtesy of Shephard and burned the calories by jumping on the bed and racing the cars in the kitchen. Then we opened presents and had cake. We also took her to Target to let her pick out a new Sunday dress. She seemed happy all day and that's all that matters to me.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I'm sure she loved the extra attention. We always had pancake breakfasts for our birthdays growing up too. With candles.

That little cake is so cute.

Tawnya said...

She is turning into such a beauty! Now it's time for the terrible twos. Aahh!

IronLawGirl said...

Well looks like she got more than Drake's going to get. I just don't want to buy more crap to move. :0)
And seriously, Kinley is so pretty! I can't wait to see you! Oh, and that cake is awesome!

Taylors said...

Her hair is so long!! We miss Kinley!!!! I think I am coming down in August, I'll let you know so we can meet up.

It's about time you posted;) We want more!!

Morris Mama said...

Yay! Happy birthday to Kinners! Two is the best =)

Julie said...

Happy birthday to Kinners Brooke! That vacuum looks like a really awesome gift, who gave it to her?:) We love Kinley (Ameliah asks every other day of we can go to Kinley's house) and we are glad you posted pictures of her birthday. She sure is a pwetty pwincess!

The Howell's said...

That is such an awesome idea. I am going to have to remember that since the birthday is about the kid not what they get.
Kudos to you mommy.